Smoking Cessation Program
Source(s) of funding
Department of Health
- Aboriginal people
- School-aged children
- Remote population- Fitzroy Valley
Goals and objectives
To decrease the prevalence of smoking in the Fitzroy Valley by increasing awareness and education in harms related to tobacco use.
- In association with ACOSH, Cancer Council WA, Department of Health and the Fitzroy school communities, the NCHL has used the following strategies to implement the Smoking Cessation program:
- Increasing awareness of the smoking cessation message throughout the community in the Fitzroy Valley by coordinating school and community events and activities to promote the quit message.
- Actively promote smoking cessation at all community events in the Fitzroy Valley.
- Educate school children and the aboriginal community on the harms of smoking and the benefits of smoking cessation through provision of different resources including educational DVDs, t-shirts, colouring books, sticker-making activities, etc.
- Provide support to ex-smokers with regular visits
Key contact details
Health Promotion Officer- Smoking Cessation
08 9193 0093
Nindilingarri Cultural Health Service
Phone: 08 9193 0093
Fax: 08 9193 5533
Address: 59 Fallon Rd, FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765
Postal: P.O. Box 59, FITZROY CROSSING WA 6765