ACOSH Community Tobacco Control Grants now open for applications
The Australian Council on Smoking and Health (ACOSH) ‘Small Community Incentive Scheme’ provides funding to strata corporations, sporting clubs and community groups. The ‘Small Community Incentive’ scheme can fund implementation of tobacco control policy, as well as monitoring and enforcement compliance of current tobacco control policy and legislation. ACOSH is inviting applications of up to $1000 under this scheme.
The ‘Small Community Incentive’ will support community members, health organisations and other interested groups to implement tobacco control policy, along with monitoring and enforcing existing legislation.
Some examples of priority areas are described below;
- Develop smoke free by-laws at strata-titled properties and public housing.
- Adopt smoke free policies at public places such as sporting clubs, transport waiting areas, and 10 metres away from entrances of shopping centres, childcare, and other facilities.
- Implement smoke free policies at pubs and restaurants where smoking areas are permitted.
- Enforce current smoke free legislation at health facilities.
- Implement other relevant projects aiming to increase compliance of the Tobacco Products Control Act.
This scheme could eventually assist in implementing smoke free policies in other settings experiencing a high smoking prevalence, for example, rural and remote areas, mental health, and correctional facilities. ACOSH is aware that these interventions could require a certain level of complexity and tobacco control knowledge.
ACOSH staff will assist community members, local governments and other health organisations in clarifying any questions. They will also provide appropriate resources, copy of smoke free policies, share successful cases and other guidance needed to implement initiatives supported by this initiative.
What to do next
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help you.
Download the application guidelines and application and evaluation forms below.